Saturday, April 8, 2017

Prayer of an Artist


A number of years ago I enjoyed taking a creativity class with Rosanne Bane, author of Dancing in the Dragon's Den.  I'm grateful to former band members Bob Messerich and the late John Morris who introduced me to Rosanne. At that time I was also reading the Artist's Way by Julia Cameron and was inspired to write this simple prayer.

Prayer of an Artist
O God, my Creator and maker of all things beautiful and good,
Teach me and guide me in new ways of love and creativity.
Empower me to use the many gifts you have so generously blessed me with.
Help me to live always freshly and honestly, peacefully and joyfully,
Free from fear and full of love, open to your expansive ways,
Trusting always, free to create as an act of grateful worship to You,
Unbound from negative and limiting patterns and in kind service to others.

©1997 Paul Esch. All Rights Reserved. 651-501-7979

I am very much looking forward to performing again with Tim Sunde on bass and John Hiiva on drums.

Live Acoustic Music by the Paul Esch Trio - Upcoming Performances
  • Indian Island Winery in Janesville Minnesota
  • Swirl My Wine (next to the Afton House) in Afton, MN
  • The Bungalow Inn in Lakeland Minnesota

For more info, calendar of events go to PaulEschMusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment